Yesterday I had a handful of referals to my blog from two different sites. I wondered why, clicked on the sites and found that they had both nominated me for awards. Again, thank you so very much. I am going to honor the awards, like I always do. Follow the rules, answer the questions and of course, pass the love on! I will nominate a handful of blogs at the very end for both awards. It is up to you if you accept one, both or neither.
Technically, I no longer fit within the “qualifications” of the Liebster Blog as I am over 300 followers now 🙂 Woohoo! I was nominated by Everything in Life is Writable. As far as I can tell you just started following my blog, so I am honored that you thought of me for this award! Go check out her site about family and baking!
The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Thank your nominator.
- Share the award on your blog.
- Answer 10 questions asked to you.
- Ask 10 questions to 10 new nominees (who have less than 300 followers).
- Notify them via social media.
Here are the 10 Questions I was asked
1)What’s your blogging topic inspiration? Making time for me!! My blogging is one of the very few things that I do just for me. I write about whatever is happening in my life, what is on my mind, just as a release of my thoughts!!
2)What’s your writing style? Style? I’m not sure that I would say that I have a style. Open and Honest, perhaps?
3) Favorite Book Author? Hmmm…on the whole, probably someone like Jane Green, but Jon Gordon has been inching his way up pretty successfully. Completely different books though.
4) Greatest achievement so far? Well, probably have 3 children, with no drugs.
5) 5 places that you want to go? Australia, Germany, Ireland, Belize, Turks and Caicos
6) What’s your motto in life? Life each day to its fullest!
7) When was the last time you did something for the first time? That first thing that pops into my head is trying Kanafa. A delicious middle eastern desert!
8) You want to be known as someone who? LOVES
9) Sunrise or Sunset? Sunset
10)Best ice cream flavor for your palate? Chubby Hubby, by Ben and Jerry’s
I think that these questions are wonderful, so if you should choose to accept this award, I say you shall answer the same questions!!!
Now, Seeking a Life Full of Laughter nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Again, I believe that you are a new follower and for you to already see my blog as a worthy recipient of this award makes my heart happy. Thank you so very much!
1. Show the award on your blog
2. Thank the person who nominated you.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 blogs. Link your nominees’ blogs.
Now that I have completed items #1 and #2 here are seven facts about myself which have not already been shared on my blog:
Seven Facts About Myself
1.I was born partially deaf in both ears. Most people wouldn’t necessarily notice. It does cause me to be loud and have a difficult time understanding someone if they are whispering or do not gain my attention before speaking to me.
2.On a related note, I have never passed a hearing test. When I was in college and took the “mandatory” hearing test in my speech class, I failed. At 18 years old, I walked back into my class and had a room full of 18-22 year olds make fun of me.
3.I went to Central Michigan University. From 98-02, I graduated with my Bachelors of Science in Family Studies. Then again from 03-05, I graduated with my Masters of Science in Administration with an Human Resources Concentration.
4.I am 5’7″
5.I have attended the same church my whole life. Even when I moved, I still came back to this church at least once a month to visit and participate in activities.
6.I attended church camp for at least 1 week every summer from before 4th grade until before 12th grade, even went multiple weeks a few different years.
7.I participated in a mission trip in the Appalachian Mountains with my church 13 times through the summers of 95-03.
First I would like to nominate the two blogs who nominated me (to do the other award)
I hope that you choose to accept the award and pass the love on into the Blogosphere!!