I was nominated by Jess at Not The Average Mama for The Black Cat Blue Sea Award. Jess is my kids “step” mom, but I like Other Mom better. Someone that only for 2 short weeks now I have considered my friend. She is an amazing writter and writes about how much she loves our kids and how to navigate the waters of “step”-parenting. Go check her out!!! Thanks Jess!
The 3 questions I need to answer:
1.Who was the first blog / blogger you heard of / read and did they inspire you to start?
Emily Corner Office the first blog that I read and followed. Emily is my boss at work. One day her blog post fell into my Facebook feed and I read it. I enjoyed it and thought, wow, it is pretty cool to just be able to write what you feel on a public platform. Then share it with your friends on family on Facebook. A few months later, I had the courage to try it for myself.
2.Do you see Blogging as a future career or just a side hobby?
I would without a doubt change it into a career if at some point I found that was possible. Right now, I just have a blast with it and I blog for me. Though blogging and the support I have received here has given me the confidence to decide to write a book. I have wanted to for years, but I thought “who would want to read about my life”?
3.What is your all time favorite Album and Why?, How does it make you feel to listen to it?
Aerosmith “Greatest Hits”, it was released just 2 months after I was born. The first song on the album is “Dream On” my most favorite song in the whole world. When I was younger I used to deliver papers in my neighborhood. We earned points for certain things that we did, well one time I let my points build up and build up so that I could buy the cassette tape of Aerosmith’s Greatest Hits. Now anytime I hear any of those songs, I remember listening to it on my walk-man as I delivered papers. What a wonderful album.
Jess also nominated me for the Four Fact Survey Fun Tag!!!
Four names people call me other than my real name:
Four Jobs I’ve Had:
- Big Apple Bagel…it was the first job that I ever had, running the cash register in High School!
- Childcare Teacher….for nearly 12 years I did some version of teaching in a child care setting. From infant/toddlers, preschoolers, school-agers….from part time all the way to Head Teacher. In a home center, childcare center and as a Nanny.
- Mom…a job that started over 9 years ago when I found I was pregnant with my oldest and now a title I will hold for the rest of my life. I wouldn’t change it for the world.
- Instructor…now for a living I train early childhood professionals. I get up in front of them and teach them different skills and information that is useful in the classroom or home setting!
Four Movies I’ve Watched More Than Once:
- Pretty Woman
- The Breakfast Club
- Dazed and Confused
- Dirty Dancing
Four Books Or Authors I’d Recommend:
- Jane Green
- Gillian Flynn
- Sophie Kinsella
- Jennifer Weiner
Four Places I’ve Lived:
- Livonia, Michigan
- Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Mt. Pleasant, Michigan
- Milan, Michigan
Four Places I’ve Visited:
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Paris, France
- Las Vegas, Nevada
Four Things I’d Rather Be Doing Right Now:
- Staying home from work today!
- Leaving for our vacation to the Myrtle Beach.
- Honestly, one of the things I look most forward to is first thing in the morning sitting in my bed, blogging, drinking a cup of coffee and catching up on my DVRed shows, so I’m actually VERY content 🙂
Four foods I don’t like:
- Sloppy Joes
- Right now I’m having a huge aversion to Tamales. I got sick the last time that I ate them and when I made them Tuesday night for dinner, I couldn’t eat more than 2 bites and the smell in the house is enough to turn my stomach 😦
Four of my favorite foods:
- Little Caesars breadsticks
Four Shows I Watch:
- Grey’s Anatomy
- Married At First Sight
- Real Housewives of Orange County, Beverly Hills, New York, New Jersey…you get the picture right? LOL
- The Walking Dead
Four Things I’m Looking Forward To This Year:
- Two of my closest friends Weddings. One that I am in, the other that Paul and Noah are in!
- Vacation to Myrtle Beach.
- Paul and I will celebrate our 5 year Anniversary (that is huge).
- Spending extra time with all the kids over the summer.
Four Things I’m Always Saying:
- “Don’t worry about what other people are doing”
- “You are not the parent”
- “I love you”
- “Be aware of your surroundings!” (I obviously am constantly saying this to the kids) (I kept this Jess) SO TRUE!!!!
My NOMINATIONS for both the tag and the award are….