I hesitate to even start writing this. I have done the Thankful project on Facebook for the last 5 years, starting in 2011. There were a few times where I was thankful for something and literally within the following weeks, it was ripped away from me. And big things too….like a house and a car.
My wonderful boss, blogging friend and mentor wrote this post Thirty Days of Gratitude. The post inspired me to think about how I could do the Thankful Project a little differently this year.
I have had a anxiety ridden couple of months. In those months, I have been trying desperately to practice the idea of The Law of Attraction. Instead of thinking about what I don’t have, think about what I do have and what I want to have.
So, with that being said…I am going to be Thankful for the things that I want. Things that I can and will have. After all, if I can picture it, then it will happen, right? Here are the first few things that I am thankful for.
1. My children. Every single day I am grateful for my kids. I ALWAYS wanted a big family and through a path that I never could have envisioned, I got it. 6 amazing, crazy, beautiful kids that are mine 🙂 That I get to love, take care of, hold and watch grow into incredible people.
2. My husband. After nearly 5 years, I recognize that every day with him is a blessing. A blessing to not take for granted. Every time he kisses me or tells me he loves me, I allow it to completely melt my heart. Nearly once every day I think how lucky I am for this relationship and this marriage.
3. My bank account. Whether there is $1.00 or $1000, I am lucky that I have a bank acct. I can pay for gas, for food at the grocery store and pay bills. Sometimes less than I would like, but always something. It can certainly be a source of stress, BUT always a source of relief as well.
4. Fall in Michigan. The beautiful leaves, the smell of the leaves in the rain. The cooler temps, football and back to school. Halloween and Thanksgiving, it is my absolute favorite.
5. Insurance. We are so lucky that we have multiple insurance options. With that insurance we can go get our eyes checked, our teeth cleaned and our annual physical without any problem. Sometimes the bills pile up, but imagine what they would be without insurance.
4 thoughts on “Thankful Project: Pt 1”
This is such a beautiful post! 💖
LikeLiked by 1 person
Wow, thank you
LikeLiked by 1 person