How did I make time for myself in the first week of January? Let me count the ways.
- To start I made time to blog every day so far. I pulled myself away from my busy life long enough to post every day. During the week this isn’t that hard, I just wake up early. On the weekend though, I have to purposefully get my computer out and work on it while everyone is up and moving.
- I went to the gym 5 days last week and worked out at home today. Tuesday- Saturday I made my way to the gym. I can’t even remember the last time that I went 5 days in a row. It felt great. While at the gym I am doing so many things for ME. Reading, listening to podcasts AND getting fit.
- Meal Prep. I took the time to get healthy food ready for the week. So that I could easily pack lunches and make smoothies before work. I planned so that I was getting in all the right foods and the right amount of calories.
- Friday night I was able to go to the bar with friends. It was so nice. Time to be Stephanie. I snacked and enjoyed drinks, laughter and friendship.
- Sunday morning I went to the grocery store, BY MYSELF. This very rarely happens. So, I took the time to poke around. I was able to take time to carefully pick out ingredients for my smoothies and stock up on other healthy choices for my fridge.
- Sunday afternoon Paul and Noah played video games for hour together. I comfortably sat on the couch in my new leggings and read a book. Instead of running around the house taking care of things like a crazy person, I sat down and relaxed.
- All week I made time for Social Media. Something that I really am not good at. I barely understand how to make the best use out of it. I pinned on Pinterest, I posted a million times on Instagram and retweeted on Twitter. Making the time to figure it out, so that maybe just maybe Making Time For Me can turn into something bigger!
How did you make time for yourself this week? Please let me know. It is so important that we take time to take care of ourselves. We deserve it!