How did I make time for myself in the first week of January? Let me count the ways.
- To start I made time to blog every day so far. I pulled myself away from my busy life long enough to post every day. During the week this isn’t that hard, I just wake up early. On the weekend though, I have to purposefully get my computer out and work on it while everyone is up and moving.
- I went to the gym 5 days last week and worked out at home today. Tuesday- Saturday I made my way to the gym. I can’t even remember the last time that I went 5 days in a row. It felt great. While at the gym I am doing so many things for ME. Reading, listening to podcasts AND getting fit.
- Meal Prep. I took the time to get healthy food ready for the week. So that I could easily pack lunches and make smoothies before work. I planned so that I was getting in all the right foods and the right amount of calories.
- Friday night I was able to go to the bar with friends. It was so nice. Time to be Stephanie. I snacked and enjoyed drinks, laughter and friendship.
- Sunday morning I went to the grocery store, BY MYSELF. This very rarely happens. So, I took the time to poke around. I was able to take time to carefully pick out ingredients for my smoothies and stock up on other healthy choices for my fridge.
- Sunday afternoon Paul and Noah played video games for hour together. I comfortably sat on the couch in my new leggings and read a book. Instead of running around the house taking care of things like a crazy person, I sat down and relaxed.
- All week I made time for Social Media. Something that I really am not good at. I barely understand how to make the best use out of it. I pinned on Pinterest, I posted a million times on Instagram and retweeted on Twitter. Making the time to figure it out, so that maybe just maybe Making Time For Me can turn into something bigger!