I like reflecting back on all the ways that I made time for me over the past week. It is nice to check in and make sure that I took some time to do things that I love, enjoy and appreciate!
- Organizing/Cleaning: I know what you are thinking…how could this possibly make its way on the list? Well, I love organizing and cleaning. It makes me feel better, I am less anxious when my house is clean and feel accomplished when we de-clutter.
- More paperwork in for our house! I love checking things off of the list. We put an offer in on a house last Saturday, then we found out Monday evening that it was accepted. So that means, paperwork for the mortgage and pressing forward.
- Sitting in my new picture window. On Wednesday we had the inspection at our new house. During the inspection I sat in the picture window and imagined reading books and writing blogs from the special space.
- Going out to lunch with my co-workers. Most of the time I pack my lunch. It was a special treat to make a plan and enjoy a lunch out together.
- I ate carbs…and kind of a lot of them. I have been working really hard on exercising and eating right in 2017. I had 2 pieces of pizza for lunch on Friday. I had pasta and garlic bread for dinner on Saturday. Then the left over pasta for lunch on Sunday with a rice krispie treat. Lastly, enjoyed a few beers each nice.
- I went to the gym 5 days last week. I went Monday-Friday.
- I started reading a new book and I am now half way through it. That means I am working on book 4 and 5 for the new year!
- I went to my favorite brewery twice last week. Once with Paul and Noah on Tuesday. Then yesterday with my parents and Noah.
- Taxes are filed. Yet another thing where people think I am crazy, I’m sure. Like I said, I like checking boxes off of my to-do list. We received our final W2 on Friday, I plugged in all the info and by 7pm, our taxes were officially in!
- I had a wonderful phone conversation with one of my best friends.
- I went to church on Sunday. Being in that space feeds me in a way that nothing else can.
- We skipped dance on Friday. After a busy week of trainings and meetings, I let my daughter play hookie. Which in turn, meant Mom got to play hookie. I didn’t have to run around on my Friday night. We stayed home and enjoyed an evening all together!
How Did You Make Time For Yourself This Past Week?