OOOOOOH, it has been a GREAT 10 days.
Sorry for not posting, the only posts I had were my scheduled Teenage Spotlights on Saturday, other than that I have been taking a break.
For those of you who don’t know, my husband and I closed on our first home Thursday, March 2nd. We have been busy moving and decorating since then.
As far as making time for me….oooh did I ever!!
- I ate like crap. LOL, which means that I didn’t do much cooking. We got food from out, like 10 times over the last 10 days. I don’t typically eat like that, or spend money on food like that. It was so worth it though. To just be able to take a break and focus on the house.
- I didn’t go to the gym at all last week! I stayed in bed later than usual every day.
- I took last Monday off of work to move. We hired movers….again, I am pretty cheap so we don’t usually spend money on things like this, but it was so worth it. I had everything “prepped” as they said, so the entire move only took 3.5 hours. Which was nice because they had estimated 6-7 hours. So, that left more money to get food from out. LOL.
- I transferred my gym membership. Finally yesterday, I went to the Planet Fitness by my new house to sign the papers and update my bar code, so that my “home gym” was switched over. I even got a new Planet Fitness shirt, for free for switching.
- I went to the gym this morning. After taking the last 10 days off for moving, I got in there and got on the Arc Trainer. It felt great. Although, I did forget to upload a new book onto my Ipad, so I just listened to the TV.
- Unpacking, decorating and making this house a home! For some people this is a nightmare. Not me though, I love organizing and making things feel homey. Yesterday we were finally able to put together the bunk beds and my boys bedroom, which meant we could then put the bedding on and unpack the last 3 boxes. So, we are officially all unpacked and everything is where it should be!
- I made smoothies this morning for the first time in 10 days. I pulled out the Nutri Bullet and got one made for both Paul and myself. I found myself missing them a lot last week, I can really tell the difference when that is how I start my day.
- Grocery Shopping. Saturday Paul had to work for a few hours, so the kids and I went grocery shopping. I love grocery shopping, I also don’t mind taking the kids with me. More than anything, I like having a fully stocked fridge and pantry. We started with Trader Joes, one of our faves. They have such a great selection of different healthy foods and are very reasonably priced. Then we went to Kroger, my go to grocery store for my “normal” purchases.
- Bagels. Saturday morning I took the kids to the Detroit Bagel Factory to get bagels. Something I remember doing with my Dad often as a kid. We bought 18 bagels and by about noon yesterday, they were completely gone! We are a bagel loving household!