I wrote a post earlier today about how much I love the Enneagram. Encouraging others to also take this test. Enneagram: What Number Are You??
I have taken the test multiple times from multiple sites and my results are always the same. I am a 3, with a 2 wing. Here is a little more info about that.
Type 3: The Achiever
Achievers are energetic, optimistic, self-assured, and goal oriented.
How to Get Along with Me
- Leave me alone when I am doing my work.
- Give me honest, but not unduly critical or judgmental, feedback.
- Help me keep my environment harmonious and peaceful.
- Don’t burden me with negative emotions.
- Tell me you like being around me.
- Tell me when you’re proud of me or my accomplishments.
What I Like About Being a Three
- Being optimistic, friendly, and upbeat.
- Providing well for my family.
- Being able to recover quickly from setbacks and to charge ahead to the next challenge.
- Staying informed, knowing what’s going on.
- Being competent and able to get things to work efficiently.
- Being able to motivate people.
What’s Hard About Being a Three
- Having to put up with inefficiency and incompetence.
- The fear on not being — or of not being seen as — successful.
- Comparing myself to people who do things better.
- Struggling to hang on to my success.
- Putting on facades in order to impress people.
- Always being “on.” It’s exhausting.
Type 2: The Helper
Helpers are warm, concerned, nurturing, and sensitive to other people’s needs.
How to Get Along with Me
- Tell me that you appreciate me. Be specific.
- Share fun times with me.
- Take an interest in my problems, though I will probably try to focus on yours.
- Let me know that I am important and special to you.
- Be gentle if you decide to criticize me.
In Intimate Relationships
- Reassure me that I am interesting to you.
- Reassure me often that you love me.
- Tell me I’m attractive and that you’re glad to be seen with me.
What I Like About Being a Two
- Being able to relate easily to people and to make friends.
- Knowing what people need and being able to make their lives better.
- Being generous, caring, and warm.
- Being sensitive to and perceptive about others’ feelings.
- Being enthusiastic and fun-loving, and having a good sense of humor.
What’s Hard About Being a Two
- Not being able to say no.
- Having low self-esteem.
- Feeling drained from overdoing for others.
- Not doing things I really like to do for myself for fear of being selfish.
- Criticizing myself for not feeling as loving as I think I should.
- Being upset that others don’t tune in to me as much as I tune in to them.
- Working so hard to be tactful and considerate that I suppress my real feelings.
Please take this test and let me know more about you. Here is a link to a free test: The FAST Accurate Enneagram.