What is a Mental Load you ask??
“Largely invisible work of remembering and noticing.” -Marie Levey-Pabst
1. Noticing household tasks that need to be done. Such as light-bulbs, batteries, garbage, snow removal, laundry, dishes, etc.
2. Taking care of finances. This includes but is not limited to paying bills, managing our bank accounts and filing taxes.
3. Planning meals. Packing lunches, grocery shopping, having healthy snacks available and cooking meals.
4. Awareness of my children’s lives and well-being This includes schedules, health, school, homework, appointments, clothing, mental state.
5. Managing relationships. Scheduling get togethers, keeping in touch with family and friends, purchasing cards/ gifts for holidays and birthdays as well as remembering important dates.
Just because you don’t see it happening, doesn’t mean it isn’t “real work. ”