Making time for yourself is so important. Sometimes when we reflect we realize that we need to be more purposeful in doing things for ourselves, other times I see that we are already doing it.
Last week I didn’t make as much time for myself. As I am sitting here starting to write this, I can realize that I am not being purposeful in my time for myself.
- On Saturday we went out to eat. We very rarely go out to dinner with more than just 1 of our children. Well we took 5 kids out, so that I didn’t have to cook.
- I stayed in bed extra long yesterday, after getting out for about half an hour to cook breakfast. I just didn’t feel well at all and my body was telling to me to take a break.
- I went to the gym 4 times last week!
- I decided not to go this morning. Paul and I stayed up late and I wasn’t feeling 100% yesterday, so I took the day off. No guilt!
- I packed up some of the house. I had time with nothing to do, so I just got some shelves and some breakables all wrapped up and ready to go.
Last week was a crazy week. Lots of programming at work with 2 full days at a conference. Hopefully I will take better care of myself this week!